Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Days in İstanbul

I have gazed over you from a hill dear İstanbul!
I have not seen any place that I have not been and not liked.
Come and sit on the throne of my heart so long as I live!
To love only a piece of you is worth a life time.

Above are the words of the famous Turkish poet Yahya Kemal Bayatli. Very much reflected the love part of my feelings towards this city. I think I wrote before that I have a deep love and hate relation with this city. Wait till my experiences in the traffic to hear the hate part :))
We are slowly settling to the house and the routines of İstanbul. After some cleaning and finding suitable places to all the goodies we brought from Datca, we finally went to a small walk at the Bhosphorus. It was quite refreshing..Then hubby decided to make a favour and said 'let's buy some fish for dinner' As he hates the smell of the fish in the house, this was one of his ways to tell that he loves me. As the fishing season started as of September 1st, there were plenty of fish on the stalls. We decided on sea bass.Then as our habit in the long winter nights, he light all the candles in the house. I have to tell you that we are a big customer of tea light candles. Minimum of 20 per night. Also a big THANK YOU from here to Naturally Jules who gave me this very cute award. My award collection on the right side of my page keeps growing. Eveyone needs some magic from time to time..

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely tour - and sounds like your husband is a lovely man. Now I will imagine you in your candlelit, twinkling home in Istanbul.

    Congrats on another award - so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, I love your blog because I feel like I am right beside you experiencing what you see, hear and smell. It's fantastic!

    I am also a big fan of tea lights, I love the twinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband sounds so lovely, you are blessed. The sea bass sounds delicious. I love the last picture, it is a twinkling magical table set with beauty and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water view of İstanbul is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your city is beautiful and your pictures too!! you and your hubby make a really nice thing by putting candles in night and have dinner! is a very good idea... I think I will try it once... at least every month
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...
    Beautiful images of Istanbul. I love your images of the Bhosphorus. Just beautiful. Enjoy your weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that peek through the iron gate. Like you, I almost always light a candle, or a bunch of tea lights during dinner. Sounds like you're settling in fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my what gorgeous photos. thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. i too adore yours and will stop by frequently! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you are both making the best of your return with a beautiful walk, concession made of love, sea bass over candlelight..
    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scenery where you are, and I love candles too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Aysegul,
    The candles are great...
    And congrats for the award...
    My Travelogue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure things will soon fall into place for you and your hubby to settle in your new home. the glow of the tealights makes a magical surrounding :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet husband you have! That's a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Regards from Thessaloniki.
    I always read your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Candles and fish dinner, how romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Istanbul is so beautiful . You can never forget it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin