Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Green Tangerines..

My most beloved possesion of every summer season are my green tangerines. They are actually unripe ones. I usually ask a friend every summer who collect some for me from her family's farm. I am really crazy about them.First of all I cant smell enough of it. I think the God's drink ambrosia was smelling something like that. It's just divine.. Then there is the precious little juice, that everyone of them gives. So where do I use them.
  • not so secret ingredient of my lemonade
  • couple slices for my water jug
  • mainly for gin tonic and other drinks
  • my favorite tomato salad with crushed garlic, olive oil, and just the juice of couple green tangerines.

So please tell me if you are using them on any other thing.. I would love to learn.

7 comments:

  1. wish I could smell them!! you make them sound so wonderful. what a lovely photo of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used greem tangerines!! I use Limes fro all the uses you list and I am crazy for limes..I use it to cook chicken...I will definately try and find someone with a tangerine tree and see if i can get green ones to try it out...I have never seen them for sale her though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I bet the juice would be great over fried rice, pasta primevera, and couscous salad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! They look like limes but sure don't sound like they taste like them. Thanks for posting, I'm going to grab a glass of lemonade right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yum! That sounds heavenly! I have never heard of using green tangerines! I am just straining to imagine what they must smell like. Enjoy your abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can tell, you really like them!
    Thanks for the new ideas for using the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a green tangerine! I don't think I've ever even seen one. If I get the chance I'll jump to try it!!
    xxx kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin