Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

On the road, again


Last summer,travel section of the one of the largest newspapers of the country made an interview with me about my travels and my summer months in Datca. After a nice chat with the journalist for about 2 hours, next week I appeared on a full page with the headline ' I wouldnt trade my summers in Datca for a free ticket around the world'

Well,the headline was true. I always make my trips to abroad in winter or spring times. But this doesnt stop us to make short trips to nearby places in summer. So here we are on the road again and I am writing to you from the mobile office. We are going to spend couple days in Kusadasi.



We left Datca early in the morning and just stopped at a lovely breakfast garden where they are serving big breakfast. It's big because you have to share some with the animals around.Now we are getting closer to Mugla, and before Kusadası first we will make a long tour in the ancient city of Aphrodisias. It is the city of the mystical lady on my profile picture. I saw her on an exhibition in İstanbul and now its time to visit her place. They say that,Aphrodisias is one of the best preserved ancient city in Turkey. Well, we will see and of course you will see:))


Then we are planning to reach Kusadasi before dinner, to have a drink at the beautiful house of my friend Eser and watch the sun set from her balcony. Here are couple photos from Kusadasi from my last trip.


13 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the harbor. Nice place to watch the sun set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so excited to get to travel with you on your journey and see this beautiful city through your eyes! I love your profile photo (which is stunning, BTW) and it will be great to learn more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing so many wonderful places through your blog.
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first pic in this post is too good... Bon Voyage while you are on the roads :) keep traveling, keep writing... we await to hear your travel experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shady place for breakfast..., and I'm so enjoying your travels (too)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting to follow your world! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip...I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am happy to meet you via maya @
    a beach lovers place...
    happy summer travels
    i will be following along

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for the interview!!! so you work for a magazine or something!? Those are very pretty pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful photos; it's fun to travel with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think harbors are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How interesting to learn about Aphrodisias and now I know what your profile is. That's so cool that you'll be able to visit such a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    The pics are wonderful. What is the legend of this mysterious lady Aphrodisias? Is she in anyway related to Aphrodite? Does the word aphrodisiac orginate from this beautiful city?
    Sorry for so many questions!
    Have a great day! Ram

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin